Every once in a while, in the middle of an ordinary life, Love gives us a Fairytale.

Monday, July 13, 2009

Another fun Weekend!





My dad and his wife Carma came down this weekend to spend time with my sister Alli, her husband Paul, myself, Cory and Cayman. They got here Friday night and we just visited and then on Saturday we had a full day planned. We met at the Living Planet Aquarium in Sandy and went on a little look around. It was not as big as I thought it would be and much more expensive than it should have been. It was good to see what it was, but I wouldn't do it again. Cayman was scared when we first entered. It is dark and there is little light other than the lights in the tanks. We first went to the touch pool where we got to touch stingrays. They are really slimy and Cayman tried to touch them, but it was kind of hard when her hand is so small.



We found little Nemo fish for her to look at and wandered around all the aquariums. There was a South America zone that had like snakes, spiders, frogs and things like that. We saw an octopus that was not that big,


some jelly fish, and electric eel and all other sorts of sea life. It was fun but will be better when It get built bigger. We then all headed to TGIF to eat for lunch. Afterwards we met back at our home and Cayman went down for a nap and we visited some more. When Cayman woke up we went over to the clubhouse to swim so Cayman could show everyone what a little fish of a swimmer she is. She is so funny and just loves to go under water. She did a good job.
We went up to Mueller Park afterwards to roast hotdogs and smores. Smores are just so yummy!! You can't have a campfire and no smores right? We could have just had those for dinner and no hotdogs and we all would have been perfectly happy.
We were right next to the river and Cayman loved walking down the rocks to look at the river.
Cayman got to run around and went on hike with Grandpa and Cocoa.


They just went exploring and Cayman found a stick that she used as her puppy and then another block of wood as her microphone to sing in. She sure put on a show for us. What a drama queen she is. I have a feeling she will be in acting during school and there will be lots of school productions we will be seeing. My little movie star!
It was a really nice evening and perfect weather.
When we got back home, Cayman put on another show for us singing and dancing and just making us laugh like crazy. The next day my dad and Carma left for home and Cayman got to wave to them and blow kisses as they left the driveway. We had a really fun time with everyone and it was great to spend time with my dad. Cayman kept saying how happy she was. "I so Happy, I smiling." she would say.
We went out to Grandma Connies for dinner that evening and had a little belated B-day party for me. It was very nice. She got me this carseat cover that I had been wanting and it has baseballs on it. Very Cute!
What a fun weekend.
I only have around 4 more weeks for the pregnancy and I hope it goes by fast. This heat is killing me. Cayman is so active and has so much energy I just don't know how much longer I can last running around with her. I am so tired by the middle of the day that when she takes a nap, so do I. I am not sleeping well at night and probably only get maybe 4 hours or so. I am so tired. I don't know how I worked full time with Cayman. Maybe staying at home with a kid is more tiring? HAHAHAHA! Lets just say it is! I have an appointment on Thursday and then I go every week after that. The time is getting closer! Stay tuned

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

July, I love your cute top. I can't wait to come up and visit. It has been too long inbetween. Thank goodness for the phone and being able to see your family on the blog.

Love, Lit'l Grandma Connie

Jackie said...

Stay tuned, we will! I love the Grandparents' time the kids got in. We too went to an aquarium here that was way overpriced--they were advertising whales, so we went, and when we didn't see any, I asked and they said to look up--it was a paper mache whale!!!!

ashlan said...

You look great for only 4 more weeks. I can't wait to see picutes of that cute baby! Best of luck two is so much fun..