Every once in a while, in the middle of an ordinary life, Love gives us a Fairytale.

Saturday, August 6, 2011

7 year Anniversary!!


Happy anniversary to us!! I can't believe it has been 7 years! I love my husband more than ever. Here are 7 reasons why:
1. Hottie!! Just look at him!
2. Generous! He gives and gives and we take and take!
3.Best Daddy ever to Cayman and Cooper! Loves his kids!
4. Provides for our family so we can have fun, take vacations, live in a nice home, and many more reasons. We are spoiled.
5. Loves to be active and outside. We are always busy!
6. Helpful to neighbors, family and friends. He will always do a good deed.
7. He LOVES me!! I am one lucky girl!
The day he proposed we had packed a Subway dinner and decided to climb Ensign peak. I am not a very outdoorsy person so hiking was new to me. We started up the mountain and I swear I was going to pass out from hiking. It seemed like we were never going to get there and Cory was going to fast. I was having a hard time breathing and it was hot outside. I just kept going with a few complaints here and there. I am sure I asked a few times how much further? Cory was probably ready to kill me. We finally reached the top and we sat on the edge of the peak and I kept thinking I was going to throw up from this little adventure. Cory started talking to me about how, two days after arriving in the Salt Lake Valley, Brigham Young and seven other pioneer leaders climbed the hill to survey the valley. From its summit they laid out in their minds the city they intended to build. Brigham Young claimed a vision from God directed him to lead his people into the Salt Lake Valley. It is said that Young recognized Ensign Peak as a prominent landmark in his vision, confirming his statement: "This is the right place." All the while I kept thinking I don't need a church lesson right now, I think I am going to puke.
He then proceeded to pull out a box, get on one knee and tell me he wanted to begin building a life with me and would I marry him? I was shocked to say the least. I don't remember much after that, except that Cory says I didn't cry, and I didn't say yes. I am sure that I said yes, because then I had to call my family and tell them the good news. That started the beginning of our 7 years together.
We have had a great life together so far. He is the best dad that I have ever seen besides my own. He is exactly how I would expect a dad to be with his kids. He plays with them, loves them, tickles them, teases them, hugs and kisses them, and just plain can't get enough of them. What a great husband to have. I love that he loves the kids so much.
Cory is always trying to make sure I am happy. He works so hard and then I work hard to spend the money. I appreciate that he is a great provider for our family and doesn't complain.
I love that we have been able to go on many vacations as a family and make memories. I know that there are families that can only dream about vacations but we have been blessed and are very lucky to be able to do all the things we have in the past 7 years. It has been awesome. I love that we get to show the kids all these fun places.
I am so grateful to have met Cory. I am so blessed to have him in my life. I love him!!
Happy Anniversary!

No comments: