Every once in a while, in the middle of an ordinary life, Love gives us a Fairytale.

Monday, November 24, 2008

We put up Christmas!


After weeks and weeks of being pestered by Cory to put Christmas up, I finally gave in and said we could do it Sunday. And sure enough we did. It looks really festive and so pretty. I love Christmas so much. It is my favorite holiday of the year. Growing up we would put it up the day after Thanksgiving. It seems now that people put it up right after Halloween. I wanted to still have a fall and Thanksgiving so I didn't want to give in too soon. I think the week before is fine since we will be out of town for Thanksgiving and now it will be up when we get back. I am posting some cute pictures of our Christmas home. Cayman is going to hate the word No, because I have to say it all day long. She can't leave her hands off anything in the house now and loves all the Christmas stuff we put up. She is getting to be more and more naughty and I know now that she is 2 the fun begins. She already talks back to me and wont obey very well. Everyday is a challenge and a gift all at the same time. She now says her name and it is so very cute. I love my little monkey.




This weekend was the Utah-BYU Football game playoffs for the BCS Bowl and It was sure an awesome victory for the UTES. Cory's Grandpa Vincent did the sidelines for the UTES for over 50 years or more. I know it was a long time and he retired about 3 years ago and now his son Steve does it. They are all really big Utah fans and we watch the games every week over at their home. It is fun to get together and this weekend was no exception, we had lots of food and fun!! It was really great to see them win!! Yay!!




After the game Connie, Jackie, Grandma Vincent and I went to see Twilight. I have to say that it followed the book really well and I absolutely fell in love with Edward. I wasn't sure what I was going to think about the movie, but it was really good. Edward sure was dreamy and great to look at. I am in suspense for the next ones to come out.
I will be off to Idaho on Wednesday with Alli and Paul. Cory will come up Thursday and pick up my Grandma Mead on his way up and then we will have our Thanksgiving weekend. It will be nice to see everyone again. I will post more when we get back. I am very thankful for my family and my wonderful husband. He is the greatest thing to happen to me other than my precious baby Cayman. They are my great love in this crazy world and I thank God everyday for them. Remember what you are thankful for this season and have a Happy Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Hey July,

Let's get together when we're home! Since you get in on Wednesday night, I'm sure you'll be busy with family. I'm there till next Tuesday (December 2nd), so I can go to lunch/dinner any time during the week. Just let me know! By the way, I LOVE the browns in your family pictures! And your Christmas decorations are awesome!

Jackie

Paul Rama said...

July, so sorry, but it doesn't look like our schedules are going to connect this time. Let's keep in touch and get together next time--I'll plan better in advance! We won't be here for Christmas, but we often come down randomly. I love your blog so make sure you give us all a full report with your Thanksgiving festivities!