Every once in a while, in the middle of an ordinary life, Love gives us a Fairytale.

Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving



We had a great Thanksgiving day. Cayman and I went up to Idaho with Alli and Paul on Wednesday afternoon. Cory had to stay and go to work at a Jazz game that night. More like fun I would say. He had a good time with his clients. We got up to dads about 6 pm and we unloaded the truck and got to see my dads new house. It looks really good and is really a nice place to stay. It will be so much better to stay with him now that I don't feel like I am imposing in my step- mothers house. This home is now both of theirs and I feel much better staying with them. Us girls decided to make our desserts and goodies for the next day and we all just hung out. Ryan come over and so did Mel and Phil. It was lots of fun. The next day, Cory stopped and picked up my Grandma Betty Mead.She is my mothers mom.





It was really special to have her there for Thanksgiving. Its kinda like having a reminder of my Mom around.
We had a great dinner and lots of food. We then played Rock Band the rest of the day. That is really a fun game and I loved the drums and oh yeah, singing. Cory loved the Guitar, and he is really good at it. It was lots of fun.


We then visited our Aunt and Uncle and our cousin Kami and her family. It was good to see them. The boys went and played Basketball that night and us girls stayed home and played Rock Band some more. At about midnight I decided I had better get some sleep since I was getting up at 4 am to hit the stores. I think I was having a mental problem because after going to that mad house I can't imagine why anyone would ever do that. It was awful. I went with Mel and Dad. Melanee just went with me so I wouldn't have to be alone. Dad dropped us off and he ran over to Lowes. Good thing Mel was with me because we couldn't get a cart so she helped carry everything. It was really a stupid idea to get up and go shopping with all the crazy's out there. Reminder to not go next year is on my Calendar telling me to stay HOME!! Needless to say I was so tired that day and Cayman was getting sick with a cold. She was not sleeping very well and got off schedule a little bit. Cory helped dad clean out the garage and tried to get things organinzed from the move. Paul and Alli helped after lunch and then we just kinda hung out and talked and then went to dinner at Applebees. We left after dinner to get Cayman home in her bed and then on Saturday we tried to go to Park City and go shopping but after one store, Cayman was being terrible and fighting with both of us and grandma Connie. We had to leave and come home. That was a wasted trip. Then on Sunday we went to Temple Square and looked at the lights. It was really pretty and something we love to do each year as a family. I never get tired of looking at the lights.


That was our big weekend. Hope everyone had a great holiday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you keep up on your site. I absolutely LOVE checking all my kids every night. I think you do fun things as a family.

Love, Lit'l Grandma Connie