Every once in a while, in the middle of an ordinary life, Love gives us a Fairytale.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Concert fun and more

Cory and I had our first date out since December 26th and it almost didn't happen. For fathers day last year, I had bought Cory tickets to see Billy Joel and Elton John. He was so excited. Cj and Jackie had said they would watch the kids and we had it planned. They were coming in November. As luck would have it, the concert was cancelled due to them being sick. It was rescheduled for February. Now, we had no babysitter. I wasn't about to lose 200 bucks and after trying family, I couldn't get any one to watch the kids. I was dying....We had to go.. we deserved a night out didn't we? To save my sanity I know we did! What could I do? I wasn't about to leave a baby with a stranger I didn't know, drop them off at buddy bin or just stay home. Then I remembered my cousin Becky has a 17 year old daughter Savannah. She could do it! What a lifesaver. Cayman had so much fun and I wasn't worried about leaving Cooper with her. She said he did really well and didn't even cry. Thanks to her Cory and I had a really enjoyable evening.


My dad and Carma came down this last weekend to visit and we had a nice time seeing them. We got to go to the park and take a walk and it was nice to see them. Cayman sure loves to see her grandpa and Cocoa!


We have been watching American Idol and it is one of Caymans favorite shows. She will sing along and ask for her golden ticket. Then she will scream that she is going to Hollywood! What an actress! She has developed a crush recently on this boy name Tim Urban who has made it to top 24..She swoons, bats her eyelashes, clutches her heart and gets all giddy in love when she sees him. It is so funny! We recently went out to Chilis for dinner and this boy walked in that Cayman thought was Tim. This picture Tim is on the Right and the boy we met is on the left. She looked at him and was flustered and told him she watched him on American Idol and then we explained to him about Tim Urban. He didn't know who that was and was just very nice to Cayman and talked to her. We got seated and they got seated just across in the next booth. Cayman was staring all night...then asked for a picture with him. I went to his table and asked if it would be okay if my little girl got a picture with him. She is really so excited that your "Tim"! He was very sweet and said yes and got up and let Cayman sit on his knee. She gave the biggest cheese ever! What a happy little kid! As he was leaving he said goodbye to Cayman and then she told him she would miss him and watch him on American Idol. I swear, she is only 3! A few minutes later a Chocolate Molten cake arrives from the waiter and he puts it in front of Cayman. We said we didn't order this and the waiter gives us a note and says it is for Cayman. We read the note and it says "To my adoring fan...Love Tim Urban! Can you believe this guy? That was the most sweetest thing he could have done. I had tears in my eyes and Cayman was so happy. I wish I knew him to tell him thank you. He really made my girls night. We got home and Cayman wanted her picture printed out so she could have it. I printed it out the next morning and she shows everyone her picture. What a doll! I am in trouble already.

3 comments:

cvking said...

I would have loved to have gone to the Elton John/Billy Joel concert. I bet is was awesome! I thought Connie was planning on babysitting, I know she had talked about it and felt disappointed not being with the grandkids. I am glad you had a good time. I am excited for Connie & Grandma and Grandpa Vincent to be here to visit this weekend in Denver. Your blog is adorable and the pictures are darling.
Love ya, Aunt Christi

Unknown said...

We loved the concert. It was really nice to have a night out with just the two of us.We were planning on Connie babysitting but unfortunately she was sick that week and not feeling well. She also had pink eye and Cory felt it was best to not expose Cooper and Cayman to that. Hope you guys have a good time.

Jackie said...

I SOOOO wish we would have made it to Elton and Billy when they came to Anaheim. But glad you guys were smart and got tickets! So sorry to hear on facebook of all the sickness in your house this week. Hope things are looking up!