Every once in a while, in the middle of an ordinary life, Love gives us a Fairytale.

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Caymans 5th Birthday

Cayman turned 5 on October 21st. How fast those years have gone. I can't believe we have a 5 year old. Cayman really wanted to do a My Little Pony party this year and so it was. I was trying for weeks to think of fun decorations I could make but nothing really stood out to me except for these really cute tissue paper poms and this candyland decor for outside. I made the suckers with foam paper plates, tissue paper, and cellophane. I then painted a wooden dowel white. I made the walkway with posterboard from the dollar store. 2 for $1. It turned out pretty cute. I also use the tulle on the chairs every year. I have been collecting different colors and make chair covers. It adds a bit of color and fun to the party.

We gave out gift bags for each girl and here is what we put inside. We also gave a My Little Pony color book and crayons. I had a girl from my work named Emeline come and do the girls face painting for their Cutie Mark. If you don't know what that is it is the design on each of the pony's bum. Called Cutie Marks. The girls got one on their face, not bums! Hahaha! Cayman invited 5 friends, Nyla, Georgia, Mckenna, Meggie and Miya. I had a couple of activities to do while waiting for Cutie mark painting. They painted a sun catcher Unicorn, made Froot Loop necklaces and bracelets and then had My little Ponies on t.v. to watch. It was lots of fun. Cayman was excited to open presents and she got some great things!!

A My little pony bubble blower, make your jewelry, Strawberry shortcake Dvd, Barbie Dvd, and Hello Kitty Nail kit. Very fun!! Thanks for the great gifts!! We then had cupcakes and ice cream. It was a huge success and Cayman had lots of fun!! Then it was on to clean up and ready for the next party. The family.
We had invited Cory's Family and mine. They all came except for my brother Ryan and Candices husband Dallas. It was lots of craziness, fun and eating. It was so crazy, that I forgot to take pictures of all this fun we had so there are only a few of opening presents and cake.
We had pizza from Little ceasers, Breadsticks and salad. It was great. We then opened presents from everyone and Cayman was just going crazy.She was sure spoiled. She loved all her gifts. An outfit from Grandpa and Grandma Skidmore, Barbie Princess Charm school from Mel and Phil, Justin Bieber doll and Cootie the game from Alli and Paul, something must have been really funny...look at her face!

Outfit and shoes from Grandma Connie, Justin Bieber magazine from Jackie and CJ and Barbie Mermaid doll from Cohen and Kenzley. Lots of fun gifts!! Thanks family. She is loving them all!! We gave her a Princess and me Ariel doll that is very cute!! A princess Celestia pony that lights up and talks, Jasmine dress up outfit, lipgloss, princess perfume. Spoiled for sure!!
We then sang Happy Birthday and blew out candles. We had a My little pony cake of course..and then we ate cake and ice cream and stuffed ourselves silly. It was a great night and we are so glad that our families were able to celebrate Cayman turning 5!

1 comment:

Nikki Taylor said...

What a fun party! Seriously, I love all the decorations and little touches you added. I never knew how much work went into a birthday party until I had a kid. So well done! I also love how cute all your halloween decorations are. You are very talented and have great taste!

PS....I can't believe Cayman is 5! That blows my mind.