Every once in a while, in the middle of an ordinary life, Love gives us a Fairytale.

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Busy April

Cayman got popcorn at school for having read her minutes in books. She was so proud.

 We took her to the dentist because her tooth hurt and found out that she has 7 cavities! We filled one that day and now have to go back 3 more times to fill 2 each visit. Craziness!
 Cooper went to lunch with Cory and I and he just wanted to suck on Lemons. Super gross!
 I took the kids to play at the playland at City creek and they had a good time.


 The next day, I went in for a Hysterectomy. We decided to do this a few weeks ago and the day was here.
 It was very scary. I had much scar tissue that had grown onto my uterus, cervix and bladder. It was a very tedious surgery that should have only lasted and hour but took 5. I lost a lot of blood and almost needed a blood transfusion. I woke up and was very sick and Cory was very grateful that I was alive. He was sitting there for 5 hours not knowing what was going on and getting very nervous. In the end I was ok and Cory was able to bring the kids to see me.  I was in the hospital from Tuesday to Friday and was up and walking around on Thursday.  I was pretty sick the first 2 days with nausea and throw up and I couldn't eat anything. I was pretty out of it for the most part being on pain killers.   It was good on Thursday to move and shower. I was doing pretty well but in pain.
 I came home Friday and the kids were so glad to see me. I sure missed them. My sister Alli took them on Tuesday and Wednesday and Jackie had them on Thursday and Friday. My Sister Mel came down the following week on Monday and stayed til Wednesday then my dad came down Wednesday and stayed til Friday.  It has been nice having help with the kids so I can rest.
While I was in the hospital, Cory took the kids to the Rockin E and they got to ride the horse and wear a cowboy hat.

And he took them bowling with grandma Connie.




 Cayman had her first soccer game with out me being there and did really well playing in the rain.



 They made a visit to see Grandpa Vincent in the care center and pushed him down to dinner.

 They saw him doing some exercise.
 My dad was able to to go to Caymans soccer game Wednesday night and he took some pics of them.








 It was so cold I don't know how Cooper fell asleep but he did. Silly guy.

 That night was Uncle Pauls birthday so my dad took the kids out to dinner and to eat cake and ice cream with them.  I love this pic of Cooper and Carter.
 On Friday my dad took the kids to Kangaroo Zoo to play and they had a blast.




 Hi Grandpa Jenns!
 The following week was Take your kids to work day.  Grandma Connie took Cayman! She met them outside and then Cayman was able to make a name tag. She got to make popcorn, hot chocolate, tour the building and sit with Grandma while she worked. She even got to have lunch.
 The next day Cory took the kids to his work and they got to see the big trucks and the loading dock and even honk the horn.


 We made it to visit Grandpa in the care center again and the kids love to help.

 Cayman had another soccer game I was able to make it to.  Corys dad Mark came and cheered her on also.

 Grandpa Mark and Cooper kicking the ball back and forth.
 On Friday, Jackie took the kids to the zoo. They had a great time. Jackie has been taking the kids pretty much every day and letting them play with Jackson. It has been a great help to me since I am still not very active. She has been a great help!
 
 Best buddies!
 It has been 3 weeks since my surgery and I am not doing too great. I get very tired easily and have a hard time walking still. I can't lift anything or do housework and it so hard not to feel normal. I am so grateful for the good friends and family that have brought dinners, taken the kids to play, cleaned my house and helped us out. Cory has been such a great dad. He has been great with the kids and doing much of the house work himself on top of working very long hours this month. He is my love!  This has been a long process and still much more time to recover. Hopefully this surgery was worth it.












No comments: