Every once in a while, in the middle of an ordinary life, Love gives us a Fairytale.

Thursday, September 17, 2009

A 5k and 5 weeks!


I can't believe that my little baby is now 5 1/2 weeks old. It has gone by way to fast. I just feel like we came home from the hospital. We are slowly trying to get into a routine. It is tough. Cooper thinks he needs to eat all the time. I swear he weighs 15 pounds now. We will see next week at his doctors appointment. He is getting so big. He now will respond when you talk to him, look at you, loves when I give him kisses. He will smile really big. It is so cute. He is holding his head up pretty good and in a few more weeks I think he will be able to do it. He likes tummy time and his baths. He loves to lay in the water and just relax. Cooper is getting up about every 3 hours at night to feed. He also likes to take walks outside.
Cayman is trying to be a good sister. She helps out as much as she can. She loves to help give him his bath, hold him, help burp him and feed him. She likes to push him in the stroller. She is a big help. At night Cory will put Cooper in bed next to her for prayers and sometimes when she is asleep he will put Cooper next to her and she just rolls over, hugs him and goes back to sleep. She says numerous time that Cooper is her best friend. What a sweet girl!


Cayman loves to play outside with the neighbors and would love to be out there all the time.
Cory ran in the Trudi Thomas 5k memorial this weekend. She was a sister of one of his friends Scott who was hit by a car and died. Her family puts on a 5k every year and donates the money. http://www.westbountifulartscouncil.org/trudi
Cory did not get enough notice to train so he just got up Saturday and went with his brother and they ran the race. He did a great job for not training and next year, maybe we will all do it. We will start training before this time! You can push strollers too. It is for a great cause and you can do it with friends.


Cory went to St. George again this week and every time he leaves I just feel alone. I hate that he leaves me with a new baby and a 2 year old that is very high maintenance. Thank goodness for family and friends. Jackie came and took Cayman to Mcdonalds Tuesday night and let her run around and play and then took her back to their house for a little while. It was a nice break for me and I know Cayman loves being with them. On Wednesday, we played outside with our neighbors, made princess cupcakes that were strawberry and so delicious and then met Candice and Cohen at Kangaroo Zoo to play on the bouncy toys. It was great. Cooper slept most of the time and the kids had a lot of fun. They came back to the house and played for a little bit and then we were on our own the rest of the night. Cj called to see if I was okay or if he needed to come help with Cayman or anything. I really appreciated that he thought of me. What a nice Brother in law!
We had an okay night. Cory will be back today and everything should be great. Thank goodness he is coming home!
We haven't really had much happening. I stay home a lot and go outside but thats about the extent of it. It will be easier when Cooper is a little bigger to get out and do things. I hope you like the pictures I am posting. Enjoy!






1 comment:

Jackman Family said...

The Princess strawberry cupcakes were delicious by the way! And we love coming up there to play so whenever Cory is out of town call me and we will come up!