Every once in a while, in the middle of an ordinary life, Love gives us a Fairytale.

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thanksgiving, ice skating and lights!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. I am a little late getting this posted. How the time flies by me in the blink of an eye. Christmas is coming way too fast!
Cory came home from work one day and had brought me a dozen pink roses and Cayman 6 red carnations. She was so happy she got flowers. What a good daddy!
We went iceskating on Tuesday night at my work and asked Cj and Jackie to come with us. I just sat out and took the pictures with Cooper and Cory took Cayman out on the ice. She loves to iceskate but it is easiest when she has 2 hands to hold. This is why Jackie and Cj pretty much had Cayman the whole night. Cory would take Cayman around just himself and she wanted Jackie too. Cory and Jackie took her a couple times and then Cj and Cory took Cayman a couple times. It worked out great to have 2 extra hands there for Cayman to hold onto. It was pretty fun. We then went home and made Caymans favorite treat...Cookies. She loves to eat cookies.




On Wednesday I made my food to take on Thanksgiving. I made a chocolate pie, an Apple pie and mini Huckleberry Cheescakes. We also made a cheeseball. Cayman loves to help out and so we did this together. She pretty much got to lick the bowls and beaters clean. Yummm!!


Thanksgiving day we went to Candice and Dallas's home to eat. I only got a couple pictures and they are of everyone in the kitchen.

I am so thankful for family and friends who love us. I also am so very thankful for my husband and 2 kids. They are my life. I love every minute good and bad I have with them because that shows that life is not perfect. We are so blessed and thankful for our beautiful home, our cars, our jobs and for our health. We are also so thankful for the gospel. Much to be thankful for so I just put a few. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I know that dessert was my favorite part other than spending it with family.

Friday we went to Gateway and shopped for a little bit. We got the kids some christmas stuff at Old Navy and that is about all the Christmas shopping we have done. Saturday we watched the last Utah game of the season and I went to Twilight with Connie and Grandma Vincent. It was a fun day.
Cooper has a hard time calming down to fall asleep and he loves his face covered. He will just pull the blanket and snuggle right down into it with his nose. He was having a tantrum the other afternoon so I just put him down on the couch with the blanket and less than 1 minute later, he was sound asleep. This is the picture of how he went to sleep. So funny.
We went to Temple Square Tuesday night with Alli and Paul and hired a Carriage to take us on a ride. Cory and I thought Cayman would love to do this and so we set it up. It was quite fun but pretty cold. Cayman made it perfectly clear that she wanted to sit with Paul and Alli. We had a hard time getting her to come sit with us to get a picture.





Cooper had such a red little nose. He did so good. He didn't even cry once. I made hot chocolate and after the ride we found a spot amongst the lights to sit down and warm up. It sure was good.
Little Cooper was just plain cold and tired and after covering up his face but one little eye, he fell fast asleep.
We looked at the lights and then went to eat at Hires. We had some good burgers, fries and rootbeer and Cayman got an icecream cone! What a great way to end the evening.
Cayman starts her ballet class tonite and Cory has his shoulder surgery on Friday. I will post more about that later.

1 comment:

Jackman Family said...

Yeah my favorite part was the dessert, you sure make yummy stuff! I love all your pictures and all the fun activities you do! I can't believe Cayman is old enough already to start ballet I can't wait to hear about it I hope she loves it! Also I hope everything goes well with Cory's surgery tomorrow let me know if you guys need anything!