Every once in a while, in the middle of an ordinary life, Love gives us a Fairytale.

Friday, July 6, 2012

Boys and Girls weekends, 4th of July fun and more!



We started off last weekend with Cayman asking to do a lemonade stand. Cory went and got her all the supplies and then we moved it over to the Splash Park.  She made 3 dollars and was happy. It was pretty fun and we will have to set it up again.


I took Cooper swimming that day while Cayman was at Hula Practice. He loves the water.



+


Friday  Cayman and I headed up to Idaho for my sister Allis baby shower we were throwing. It was going to be a girls weekend and Cory was having a boys weekend. We had a lot of fun. Here we are in the car.

Cory took Cooper and was excited for a Guys Weekend and heres what they did.....


First Cory took Cooper swimming and had lots of fun cooling off. We love having a pool that we can use so much during the summer.






Then they were off to grill some Hot Dogs and have a good dinner.



Then Cooper and Cory headed to the driving range to hit some balls. Here Cooper is helping me carry the golf balls.





Practicing his swing and  off to practice some putting. Cooper need some work but he looks like a natural.





Movie time! They went home built tents then set up for a movie night .Looks like they have all the necessities.  Cooper loved it and stayed awake later than Cory did.


The next day we got ready for the baby shower in Idaho. The baby shower was a hit. Melanee and I did a great job if I say so myself. It was stinking cute!



We hung lanterns in Mels trees with the help of dad on the ladder. It looked so cute.


Melanee had cupcakes made in greens and blues and then I made cupcake toppers to put inside them. Darling!



We served chips and salsa, pasta salad, and fruit. Melanee and Carma made these really cute watermelon pops with sticks to hold onto.



I made this book of baby wishes for the guests to fill out. It is wishes for the baby and then you sign the bottom. It was a cute idea I got off of Pinterest.

We had a great time at the shower and it was fun to see all our neighbors and family we haven't seen in a while. That same day Cory took Cooper up on a hike. He will tell what they did.

I was able to find a short family friendly hike up in Albion Basin for Cooper and I to go do. We headed up there and set off to go to Cecret Lake. The hike is a little over a mile to get to the lake. Here Cooper is heading up the trail.


We made it up to a water fall and Cooper was super excited but thought it was loud.



Me and Cooper at the waterfall.


We kept hiking and even found Cooper his own hiking stick he was so proud of it.


At this point I was struggling and wondering if I was going to make it. This has been a rough year for me health wise and I have struggled to keep up my normal pace and do a lot of things that I love to do. My asthma and allergies were really hurting but Cooper kept on going. I was amazed that he just kept going and going and hiked almost the whole way without being carried. Finally we made it her we are at the top!


Cooper was so proud this is one of my favorite pictures I took of him just enjoying the view.


Then we ate our lunch and of course had to throw lots of rocks.




Cooper was so happy and grinning the whole time. What an awesome fun kid to spend the day with.






Here Cooper is just taking a break. It was such a beautiful day with such amazing view and mountains all around.


We stopped to play in a few streams on the way down.


And also enjoyed many of the wild flowers that were in bloom.


It was such a great day and both Cooper and I were worn out. Here is Cooper when we got home.


The kids helmet came in so Daddy and Cooper had to try it out with the scooter. The kids just love going on scooter rides.





That same night up in Idaho our family went up to Driggs to the Huntsman Celebration. It was a fun night of visiting and playing and then we saw fireworks. It was good.








The next day was Sunday and we headed home to see the boys. Cory had made us dinner and it was fun to see them. My aunt gave me these towels to give to Cooper so he has been playing in them. Pretty cute.


Monday was my Birthday! I turned the big 35! Cory and the kids got me a Sno cone maker, juices, Ute earrings and Necklace, Pedicure, and skirt and shirt. It was fun. Alli took me to breakfast that morning at Village inn and then Cory got pizza for lunch. We grilled Hamburgers and Hotdogs for dinner and had Jackie, Cj, Jackson and Connie over.  Then we had Cake! Yummy! It was a great night although the kids were very naughty most of the day. I still had a great time.



Tuesday was Eaglewood celebration fro fireworks. I did Caymans hair in a star and then we headed up.

Here we are with the kids and we got our favorite spot on the tee box/!










Our friends the Munzs came and so did the Phillips, Scotts, Nielsens and Cj family. We had fun eating and visiting.








The next day we got up and went to the West Bountiful parade. It was awesome. The kids got lots of candy and we sat by the Huggards. The parade was short and sweet and full of treats!





After the parade we went to Mcdonalds for lunch and then we went and saw the Movie, Brave! It was a really cute show and I loved it. Cooper sat through the whole show and did really well. Grandma Connie came with us and we enjoyed ourselves.





That night we had our street over for fireworks and play.  It turned out to be great.

















The boys enjoying a little game of Ladderball. Such a blast.





Cooper was not having the loud noises and had me cover his ears. It was still a great fireworks show.

Looking forward to the rest of the month. We are going camping and have more fireworks and fun planned for the 24th.


1 comment:

Heather said...

Woo Hoo! we made the blog! were going to be famous! lol. You guys always have so much fun. You have inspired me to do a boy's/girl's weekend. We'll have to see if MacKay will go for it since he would have to take the baby.