Every once in a while, in the middle of an ordinary life, Love gives us a Fairytale.

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Girls camp

I got called as assistant stake girls camp leader. I was able to make a few handouts to give the girls each night we were at camp. Here are a few things I made before I went. I was able to go up to Heber Valley Girls camp for 5 days in July. I was worried about being gone so long and leaving my kids home. Luckily, I had some great help and neighbors watching my kids and on Monday they went with Chappell to the museum and had kids meals. Tuesday and Wednesday Huggards took them and they went swimming and played with their friends. Thursday and Friday Aunt Jackie had them and took them to City Creek and they got to pick out a toy at the Disney store. They also got kids meals and played with the kids.  They had a really great time. I'm so thankful for friends and family that I trust to watch to my kids.
 

 We left for camp at 6am and drove up. We had to get ready and start decorating. I had made some cute things and we started to set up.






 
 Every morning and night we had a devotional to raise the flag and take it down. We had scriptures and songs and then said important things we needed to let the girls know. The YCL's started off each devotional with camp chants and it was fun each time to see the new chants the girls had made up.

We had great food thanks to Natalie. She fed us well.


 We made poms for the end of our pens.

We painted nails.


Cute Bobbi and I.


Lots of crafting. We made cute things.

 More deer!


Kara and I.

 This is the 8th ward doing a silly skit. It was awesome!
We went out on the lake one day and were able to use the kayaks and paddleboats. We had so much fun. We had to wear jeans and shoes but had a good time.




 The last night we had a great devotional and these girls sang a beautiful song.
 We had testimony meeting and Cory was able to come up for dinner and testimonies. It was a very spiritual meeting and I heard some amazing girls open their hearts and speak from their souls. It was so special and lifting. I loved the whole meeting and even bore my testimony for the first time in forever. I cried a lot of tears and hugged the girls. It was a very meaningful week for me and I wasn't' ready to leave.  My testimony grew so much over those last few days. What an experience and life changing event. I loved it!
We saw many wildlife and deer. 




 Here I am with the Stake Young Women's leaders.  Had a wonderful week with these ladies.
 This was our last day at camp. It was bittersweet for me and I was sad to be heading home. I had a great time up at camp and spending time with these great young women. I can't wait for Cayman to be able to go one day. This was our camp hosts the Staehli's. They were so awesome and I loved them.


 Goodbye cabins...
 Goodbye camp!

No comments: