Every once in a while, in the middle of an ordinary life, Love gives us a Fairytale.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Baby Cooper is here!!!




We welcomed our little Cooper into our family on Saturday, August 8th 2009 at 10:21 am.
He weighed 8 lbs 3 oz and was 21 inches long. Has a full head of black hair! What a cutie. He is perfect!
I had my doctor appointment on Wednesday the 5th. I had not dilated,effaced, dropped or anything that remotely looked like I was going to try to have this baby. Dr. Ward said he thought I looked huge and he was going to weigh in the high 8lbs. He said we should schedule a C-section. I was hurt and disappointed because I had wanted to do this one on my own. I wanted to try at least. I tried, and because of the little progression we couldn't. At least now we knew our date.




I went in Saturday at 6am and we got prepped for the operation at 7:30am. CJ came to our home to watch Cayman and then with strict instructions, was to bring her up around 8:30am to see her brother. My dad and his wife Carma came up around 6:30am to visit with me and see me off. I was so nervous and anxious and just couldn't wait! I was the only c-section scheduled and the floor was quiet. This was working out great. With Cayman we got bumped 2 times because of emergencies. I hate waiting. Our luck was about to end. The quietness ended and an emergency c-section took our place in the O.R. I was bumped to be next. After an hour of waiting, Cory asked the nurse what was taking so long... the emergency didn't go so well and the lady was having complications. It would be a longer wait now.




I was so ready and Cooper would have been here by now. We called family and told them the news, we were still waiting. Finally after what seemed like forever we got to go in at 10am. Only 2 1/2 hours over our schedule. AHHH!!!!



At 10:21am Cooper came into this world. I didn't get to see him right away, but only heard his cry and I was overjoyed! Cory was taking pictures and got to hold him before me. He was so happy for his son to be here. The surgery went well and I went back to recovery where I finally got to see and hold my baby. What a beautiful boy. His skin was perfect, dark, thick hair, and kind of looked like me this time. Cayman was so cute and wanted to see him right away. She kissed him and held him and was all smiles. I was so happy that my family was here together and Cayman was okay with the new addition into her life.













Family came in and held Cooper and then off they all went to watch him get his bath. I felt pretty good other than a little naseua and itchy. It was a long day of visitors and family and it couldn't have been better. That night, Cayman stayed with my dad at our house. They would bring her up in the morning to switch with Connie who was watching her the next day. I had to get up and move that night a little bit and I was dreading the pain that I knew was coming. That first movement about killed me last time and this was not something I was looking forward to.
What a blessing, I could stand, move, and walk pretty easily. I washed my face and stood for a minute and it was not bad at all. The next day, I felt even better. The c-section was not as painful the 2nd time around. Yipee! We had a really good stay this time in the hospital and the nurses were really great. They made the stay a whole lot better.











Cooper is now home and we are just loving him being here. Cayman was very confused about me being in the hospital with the baby and kept saying to bring Cooper home. She is now so happy that we are all home. It seems like her decimal level has risen a couple notches higher than normal. I feel like she is yelling all the time and when we tell her to be quiet or whisper she gets even louder. This is going to be interesting I can tell. She loves him so much and is always trying to hold him and love him and she sings for him and I can already see what a great Big Sister she is going to be.











Thanks to our families who have been able to help out with Cayman. I wanted the transition to be easy, and with family around it has been. I will post more later in the next week.

10 comments:

C.J. and Jackie said...

Ya for baby Cooper. It's exciting to have another nephew. I had fun holding him last night.

Anonymous said...

I am thrilled to be a grandma again. You did a good job!!! I love my family. They are everything to me. I just sent more pictures to you of Cooper's Homecoming. Let me know when you need help.
Love, Litl Grandma Connie : )

mikila said...

Congrats on your new little guy. He is simply adorable! Glad to hear everything went well and that you are home now! It was cute to see the pictures of Cayman and Cooper. She looks like she'll be a great big sister!

cassy said...

July! He is so perfect!!!! Congrats! I'm glad to hear everything went well and that you are home with your babes!

Val, Matt, and Madison said...

What a beautiful little boy! Congratulations you guys, we're so happy for you!

segura2salazar said...

What a beautiful boy! It looks liek you did a great job, and it looks like Cooper will have a wonderful big sister to take care of him! Congrats!

H said...

July he is so handsome!! Congrats hope your doing good

THE HILSABECKS said...

Yeah! Juls, he is sooo stinkin cute! I love how dark he is and I love his little mo-hawk! Congratulations Mommy! Baby #2 I can't believe it!
-This is Shayla by the way:)

Missy said...

Congrats!!! He is adorable!!! He looks like Grandpa Jennings! He is perfect. Good luck and stay calm...it will all work out! :) Love ya!

Wendi Oyler said...

Congrats! He is so cute and I love all the hair. I agree with Missy, he does look like gpa Jennings!