Every once in a while, in the middle of an ordinary life, Love gives us a Fairytale.

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Happy 5th Anniversary!




Wow, how time has flown! I can't believe that 5 years ago today we were married for eternity in the Bountiful Temple! Who would have thought that in those 5 years we would have built 2 homes, had 1 beautiful and joyous daughter with one son coming on Saturday, been on a cruise, been to Disneyland twice, Disneyworld once, California numerous times, been to almost all the national parks in Utah and hiked all the great trails, and so much more than I can put down on this blog! We have done a lot and have had great family and friends to share in our lives!
I have to say I am a very lucky gal!
Cory and I met at the Crossroads mall while he was working at Sporting Eyes, and I was working at American Eagle. Our stores were right across the hall from each other and he would always stop in and say hi. When we worked we usually talked most of the night at the entrance to AE. We became friends and eventually after about a year we went on our first date. We went to a haunted house in SLC. What a scary night. But, I got to hold his hand! After that, we were usually together as much as possible, even though he was seeing other girls! I knew I was going to marry him after our date and I was right. Crazy how things happen. Cory came to Idaho with me a couple months later during the winter and on the way home he told me he loved me. Wow! I was so happy! He then asked my dad if he could marry me in April and proposed at Ensign Peak. We were married in August at the Bountiful Temple and that was how it began.

Now, 5 years later after seeing me at my worst which includes: weight gain, scary no make-up face, onery, sad, angry at times, annoyed, happy, giggly, romantic, my best side, and my worst side we are still together. Cory, you are the best! I am not easy to live with, ask my family! I love you!
It may not be roses all the time but what rose doesn't have some thorns in it?
This day I will marry my friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, love.
Happy Anniversary! I love you with all my heart!

4 comments:

Nikki Taylor said...

Happy Anniversary you two! 5 years..wow! Doesn't seem possible! I love all the pictures. Good luck on Saturday...what a great way to celebrate 5 years! Can't wait to see pictures of little Cooper.

ashlan said...

Happy Anniversary. I forgot how long your hair was a few years ago, I love it. I love your short hair to. You are lucky and can pull off either. Good Luck Saturday!

segura2salazar said...

Congrats! It's crazy how time flies when your busy living a wonderful life! My anniversary wish for you is that your family enjoys many more loving years together! Good luck on saturday and I can't wait to see your new little one! Much love - A

Missy said...

wow!! how time flies! You are a doll...good luck and I can't wait to see him. I will be passing through on Friday the 21st so I will call you so we can stop in and say hi! Eveything will be great!! Love ya