Every once in a while, in the middle of an ordinary life, Love gives us a Fairytale.

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween!




What a great Halloween we had. On Thursday, Cayman and I baked cupcakes and cookies and then took them to some of our neighbors.
Cayman got to put the candy corns on the cupcakes and ate more than she put on. She was quite proud of the cupcake she made for herself. We carved pumpkins that night and had a lot of fun!


Cayman Friday I took Cayman to the Lifecare center in Bountiful with our neighbors the Carters to go Trick-or-Treating.

I think the grandmas and grandpas in there sure had a lot of fun watching all the little kids. It was quite the candy route and we left after only doing half of the loop. It was kinda hard to hold the little kids attention in a building that was super hot! Cayman ended up taking off her monkey top because she was so hot. She had fun and got good candy. We came home after that and Grandma Connie came up to see Cayman. She stayed to pass out candy while Cory and I took Cayman around the neighborhood.

It was the first year we have Trick-or-Treated and I don't think Cayman got the idea very much. She would knock on the door then try to hide behind us. We went to one house that had haunted music and lights and was really done up for Halloween and Cayman was really scared. We only did maybe 12 houses and then decided to go home. Alli and Paul met us halfway through and did a couple houses with Cayman.

She was excited to see them. She got lots of candy and was a really cute monkey. We then made a Papa Murphy's Pizza and settled in for the night. It was quite interesting because we only got maybe 10 trick or treater's at our house and so now we have all this candy left over. I guess maybe next year when there are more houses on our street we will get more kids. We had lots of fun and it was great to see Cayman so cute and having fun!

6 comments:

Paul and Alli Watson said...

Cayman sure was a cute monkey.......and her mommy sure was a cute witch! Your cookies looked yummy. Hope you had a fun Halloween.

Missy said...

How cute! You guys are always doing fun stuff...and I can't believe it is still warm there!! What the heck...it's 45 here!
Love ya

Paul Rama said...

I love that you took Cayman to the Lifecare Center. I think I'll do that next year. It crossed my mind this year, but not until I read your entry did I get really excited about it. I love your blog. You're supermom!

segura2salazar said...

You have the cutest little monkey! It looks like you guys had a great night!

Anonymous said...

I love that I have a place to go every night to be reminded how cute and wonderful my children (in-laws included!) and grandchildren are. Often this is the last this I view before I kneel to pray remembering my gratitude to be a Mom and Grandma. I love you guys. Love, Lit'l Grandma Connie : )

Ashley Mullen said...

July, we are going private with our blog, so I need your email to invite you.
Thanks,
aShley