Every once in a while, in the middle of an ordinary life, Love gives us a Fairytale.

Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July week!

What a super busy week we have had! I am going to warn you this may be the longest blog ever!
It started with Cayman and I going to Lagoon Trail with our neighbors Liz, Georgia, and Jacob. We decided to take a little picnic and just let the kids run wild. It was lots of fun!



Cayman decided at the end of the trail to really get wild...hence the naked Cayman that is in this picture. She had found a teeny, tiny, muddy water puddle that just looked so appealing to her. I don't understand how it looked so fun she just had to get naked and take a swim! My crazy kid! She was so muddy and dirty I made her walk back to the car naked and then dumped bottle water all over her to wash her off. I had some towels in the car and she rode home naked. I was pretty mad when I saw her and then I couldn't stop laughing. She is just too darn cute.
The next day was July 2nd. My Birthday! We had Caymans last day of swim lessons at 11:30am and Cory thought we should try and go to the Dinosaur park in Ogden before her lesson so she could take a nap afterwards. We headed out and got there around 10am. We had a lot of fun looking at all the dinosaurs and the little park and we will for sure have to go back when we aren't in a rush. Cayman kept saying "hold me, they getting me." She was pretty scared at the beginning.That's why she is holding onto Cory.
The park is pretty fun and there are noises that sound like real dinosaurs. We got some fun pictures.









We left around 10:45 to head back to Bountiful and got stuck in major construction. It took us 30 minutes to go 5 miles. Cayman was in the back seat crying that she wanted to go to swim lessons and Cory was telling her he was trying to get her there. It was quite the hassle and in the end Cayman and I made it there for the last 5 minutes of class. She got her certificate and a candy and daddy got to get some pictures.
Cayman sure is a little fish. She loves to just let go of me and go under water. She will turn herself around and then move her arms and feet to try and move. I will hold my arm out to her and when she needs help, she grabs my arm and I pull her up.


We stayed after class and swam for awhile and then came home to take a nap. That night Connie came to watch Cayman, and Cory and I went to Pei Wei for dinner with Alli and Paul. It was so yummy! For my presents I got a beaded watch, pedicure, haircut, eyebrow wax, baby decal for my car, Bath and Body works stuff and a Christmas sign for my ladder. What a great day! Another year older and I don't care!
The next day was the 3rd and we always do Eaglewood Golf Course and watch the fireworks, eat snacks and talk with friends. We went with our neighbors, the Thomas' and the Huggards. It was fun. The kids had so much fun running around and playing with each other and Cayman had fun with Jacob. They were wrestling and goofing off.

Cory and the guys got to get in some Frisbee. Us girls got to visit and it was fun. The fireworks were amazing and Cayman was oohing and ahhing. She liked them alot. It was a really fun night and we love to do it every year!





The next day was the 4th of July. We didn't do a whole lot during the day but Cory did put up a flag and did the yard. It looks really nice. That night we had a BBQ with some neighbors at 6 and then we all brought some fireworks to light off in the circle.
Cayman got to play with the little kids and do some pop its. She couldn't throw them hard enough to explode and even when she jumped on them half the time they didn't pop!
It was pretty funny. and Daddy got to play some 3 on 3 basketball with the guys. He had a great time holding his own! I sat and visited with the girls and took lots of pictures as always. I have a little over 5 weeks left to go with the pregnancy and I sure get hot really fast! Its going to be a long 5 weeks in the heat. The fireworks were spectacular for being in a neighborhood, but one of our neighbors bought some in Evanston and they were great! Our fireworks show went for about an hour. I think the adults had more fun than the kids watching them. We had some good treats, food and fun and that ended the night.

We drove up to Mirror lake today and did a little sightseeing. It was a really pretty drive and we saw some really pretty lakes, trees and waterfall.



What a great day. We packed a picnic and left in the morning. We walked around Mirror lake as far as we could without getting to muddy and eaten alive by mosquitoes! Who knew that snow would still be up there along with the bugs? It was a fun little drive and Cayman loved to get out in the open. She loves the outdoors.

We had a very fun and tiring last 5 days! But oh what fun we have had and great memories were made!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are always having so much fun and adventures. I love you!!!

Connie

segura2salazar said...

It looks like you guys had a blast! Happy belated Birthday! I bet you guys are so excited for your new little one to arrive. I am so excited for you.

The Mortensens said...

Oh my gosh July, you are always doing something fun. I need you to send me a list of tons of fun things to do. Brodyn loves dinosaurs where about in ogden is that dinosaur place?