Every once in a while, in the middle of an ordinary life, Love gives us a Fairytale.

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Fathers day, horses and Westfest oh my!

So much has been going on this last couple weeks. I made baby Cooper a sign for his room. It turned out pretty cute. It just says his name. This is the picture.
I also had to make Cayman a veil because she kept putting her silky night gown on her head saying she was getting married. If it wasn't the gown, it was a silky blanket and it would just fall off. I did a make-shift one and since I don't have a sewing machine, this is how it turned out. She loves it though and it works!
We had Fathers day and Cory got a couple tickets to Elton John and Billy Joel when they come in November. He was very excited and surprised. I finally got him something he liked! I made a turkey breast dinner and it turned out great! Cayman told him Happy Fathers Day and I got it on video.

It is so cute! She painted him a magnet of a guitar all by herself and gave it to Cory with a card. She then also did some watercolor paintings. It was fun. We went to the Gateway Chalk Art festival and looked at the art they had. most of the chalk drawings still were being drawn so we didn't get to see the finished product. It was a nice little family outing together. We did get ice cream cones afterward which is my favorite.

We also got to go to Cory's friend Penny's house to see her ranch. She had about a dozen horses and 4 baby horses that Cayman got to pet and she actually got to ride a really big horse by herself. I took lots of pictures and a little video.

She does so well to sit on the horse and she just looks like a natural. Cayman loves horses and asks all the time to ride one. She was in heaven! After the horses, we got to see a baby peacock, chicks, roosters, and ducks. Cayman got to feed the chickens by sprinkling bird seed on the ground. It was a fun evening. Thanks to Penny for sharing her home!









This weekend was West fest in West Valley. Connie has done the retail booths for this event the last couple of years and this year she decided to also make things for a booth rental. She made burp cloths, magnet boards, hooded towels, visors and crowns to decorate your own and magnets. It was a lot of really cute stuff.
As a perk for her working this carnival, she got all us kids into the rides for free! VIP is what our hand stamp said and we got to ride all the rides we wanted. It was great fun for Cayman and Cory.
I had to watch which was also fun for me as I love to see my little princess laugh and smile. She loves rides!




I love summer for the carnivals, parades and food. I had 2 snowies yesterday and I was in heaven. I love sno-cones! Yummy! CJ and Jackie, Candice, Dallas and Cohen also came. We got to hang out with them for most of the day. What a fun family day it was! Cayman got to pick face painting and of all the things she could choose, she chose a Ute flag! So funny and then her other cheek had a Ute Tattoo! She looked so cute. Cory and I got her a balloon made into a dog. It was pretty cute. It was nice weather and we had a lot of fun. Caymans most favorite ride was the tilt-a-whirl. She and Cory probably did that ride about 6 times. I loved to see her laughing so hard and she had a huge smile on her face. She also really liked the pirate ship ride. The boat gets up pretty high swaying in the air. She did not like the fun houses. The first one we went in, she stepped on an air pedal and air came shooting up and she burst into tears and we had to find our way out fast! She wanted to try another a little while later and didn't love it either. Funny kid! She had fun riding with Cohen on the little kids rides. The whales, the puppys, the motorcyles and the planes.



She did the ferris wheel with Jackie and another little girl. Of all the rides I could do, the carousel where you just stand next to your kid, the guy told me I couldn't if I was pregnant. What?! Seriously? I just stand there. Oh well, Cory got to do all the rides and I took all the pics. That is why this is the only picture of me at all. I look awful and fat! Ahhhh!It was a fun day and that's what matters.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

This is so great that you're taking Cayman out a ton before Cooper comes along. Life is just never the same with 2! Especially for the first year!

Anonymous said...

I love to look through all the blogs and pictures more than once. I really appreciated all the support you both gave me. I wish there was a way to save the Big Budha thing. Grandma was pretty silly doing a Michael Jackson song. I was really caught off guard. 62 vendors plus my own booth was a much larger job than I had anticipated. Hopefully serving the community will be a good example for my grandkids and a great legacy of love.

Love you guys.

Mom - Connie