Every once in a while, in the middle of an ordinary life, Love gives us a Fairytale.

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Quick trip 2 Lake Powell

We sure had a quick fun trip this weekend to Lake Powell. We went with Cory's sister Candice her husband Dallas and their boy Cohen. It was a lot of fun. We left Friday and after packing for 3 people and trying to get everything in order I finally thought I was ready to go. We get to the freeway and I say wait..I forgot my swimsuits. Cory was not happy to turn around and go back. I get my suit and then we get on the road again only to hear me say stop...I forgot the baby carrier if we go on a hike. Cory, again not happy to turn around. Finally, we get on the road. We were going boating with the Jackman's in Lake Powell. We went to a spot called Wahweap which is the farthest south of Lake Powell into Page Arizona. What a long drive. About 5.5 hours. I was a little worried about taking a 7 week old baby on such a long drive but he did really good. Cayman did really good in the car too. She got to watch some movies and eat junk food! We arrived there that night, took some pics outside and then went to dinner.


We went to a place called Bonkers. I don't think that anyone there had ever seen kids before. It was like we were aliens. I felt very uncomfortable and when they seated us they asked to put tablecloths under the kids seats. The place wasn't even nice, a mix inbetween a Q4U and Robintinos. We won't go back there to eat if we are ever in Page again! I got a few pics of Cooper in the car happy to be out of his carseat!

The next day we got up and went to the lake. We got on the boat and spent most of the day on the water. One of Dallas's old mission buddies came with us too. He had a little girl named Bentley who was almost 4 that just loved Cooper to pieces. She kept trying to look at him, wanted to hold him and was even smothering him with kisses. It is bad enough trying to get Cayman to leave him alone and now we had another little kid attacking Cooper. In the end it was fine. Cooper is just so dang cute of course he will draw a crowd! Cory tried to waterski on one ski and knew he probably wouldn't be able to get up on the 1st or 2nd try. I guess that not waterskiing for over 5 years makes you a little out of practice. After playing in the water for a little bit we found a little beach that the kids could play on.




It was so nice to be able to let Cayman play in the water and the sand because she asks to go to the beach almost every other day.
We had lunch and built sand castles and just enjoyed the nice warm weather. Cooper was awake for a little bit and then fell asleep. It was hard to keep him out of the sun and to cover him because it was so warm outside. We let him sleep in his carseat for a while on the boat but mostly I held him. Cayman loved the boat ride and playing in the sand.
After the beach, we went out on the water again and this time Cory tried to water surf. Dallas showed him what to do... and he did it! Cory loved it.



I didn't do any of the water sports but just being on the water was enough for me. It started to cloud up and we came in around 5pm. We cleaned up the boat and then went and walked across the dam. It was really neat and up really high. You could feel the bridge swaying when cars drove by.
After that we went to Taco Bell for some dinner. We came back to our hotel and I got in the bath with Cooper and then Cayman wanted in too. Cooper loves to take baths and when I hold him in the bath he thinks it is great. He smiles so big. We were exhausted and went to bed. Cayman thought she would be funny and pretend to sleep next to daddy and Cooper. What an actress!
The next day was pretty windy so we didn't take the boat out but just headed for home. A fast fun trip. If you ask Cayman what she liked best...the Hotel. I don't know why because we didn't even go to the pool. She is silly.
Thanks Candice, Dallas and Cohen for inviting us.
In other stories, Cooper is getting so big. He is now smiling at you and will coo little noises out. He gets really excited and his little legs move really fast. He is just so dang cute. Cayman is going to be 3 in a couple weeks and we are getting her princess party put together. This will be very fun. She is still adjusting to Cooper and sure tests us every day. Hopefully, she will start listening better one day. She loves to go shopping with me and is starting to sing songs from her princess movies. She loves to dance and act and I will start looking for a dance class or tumbling class to put her in. She needs something of her own. I love my little kids so much! Cory went and got his drum set from his moms this weekend and Cayman is going to be rockstar when she grows up. She loves to bang those drums!
I will post more later!












No comments: