Every once in a while, in the middle of an ordinary life, Love gives us a Fairytale.

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Cory turns 30 and more!


Happy Birthday to the love of my life! Cory turned 30 on the 28th of January and when I asked him what he wanted to do for his birthday he just said he wanted to spend it with his family. Me and the 2 kids. I made chicken enchiladas and got an icecream cake roll for dessert. Cayman helped me put candles in it and then we sang Happy Birthday.
It was a good day. He got a sandwich maker and Digital photo frame from me and from Cayman and Cooper he got Night at the museum 2. I think Cayman wanted that more for her than her daddy! She loves those movies! Cayman sang her little heart out all day to Cory and it was so cute!
The next night I had asked a few friends and family to meet at Cory's favorite place, the Pie for dinner. We had a lot of fun even though it was very busy, crowded and noisy! We had a good time! Thanks to everyone who came.


We had fun! A few of our friends came over the house afterwards and Cooper and Cayman got to play with a little baby named Brooklyn. Cayman had so much fun being a little mom and Cooper was just happy to see someone his own size. It was cute.
I had Cayman pose for some pictures. The blue dress she is showing off her Silver shoes and the one with the Bob Marley beanie is from Alli and Paul when they went to Jamaica! Ask Cayman where its from and she says "Jamaica Man!" Funny!





I got to finally put the wagon together on Thursday and use it outside. Cayman is going to love it so much. We had fun and it was such a nice day I can't wait for more to follow.
Cooper is doing great at eating rice cereal. He loves it. I feed him once a day rice cereal mixed with applesauce and then the rest of the day bottles. His reflux is doing much better being on Prevacid. I give him 1/2 a tablet in the morning and 1/2 at night. He is eating better and sleeping longer. I am glad he is feeling better. He can sit for long periods of time by himself and has such a cute little personality. He loves to play in his toy saucer and acts so big. He gives me kisses now on my face and will open his mouth so wide and then kiss my chin and cheeks. It is so fun. I do get very slobbery but it is worth it! He also tried out the jumpy and he liked it! Cayman had to help him jump a little but I think this will be fun for him.
He is such a cute kid! Cooper tries to eat or drink anything Cory and I have. It is so funny. His mouth will open so big and little hands will reach with all his might. I do give in and let him drink water from my cup. He loves it!! We still have rough nights, he wont sleep in his crib for longer than 3 hours. I need to break him of his habit of needing me.
Cayman still loves him so much! She tries to mother him all the time. She is a good little helper and she is getting so big too.
Cayman loves to talk and tell stories and sing and dance and she has such an imagination. There is a little problem that you can't understand her words very well. At her 3 year well visit exam the doctor recommended me to have her evaluated by the Early childhood intervention program to see if she qualified for speech therapy. It has been a long process since October, but finally she is going to start her speech therapy school on Tuesdays. She will go once a week and I will learn ways to help her at home. I am hoping that we will see improvements soon and that her speech will get better. She has so much to say and it is so hard to understand sometimes. I am sure it is frustrating to her that she can't get her thoughts out in a way we can understand her too. I am excited for this help and the improvements she will make. I will post later when I have more!

2 comments:

segura2salazar said...

I feel your pain with Cooper not sleeping very well. Sawyer is getting ready for his 1st birthday and I swear won't sleep more than an hour without me! It is so hard to get them sleeping good with out mom. Good luck and if your come across some magic trick for sleep let me know.

ChadandJess said...

Your kids are getting so big. I have a couple of neighbors who have their 3 year olds in speech too and it has helped them a lot. I'm glad the prevacid it working. Brayden had reflux too and I hated having to completely change him and me everytime he projectile vomited, but it got better when he started eating food and was done by the time he was a year old. I guess I'm a mean mom because I let my babies cry at night, but he is sleeping through now. Good luck and I hope you get a good night sleep soon.