Every once in a while, in the middle of an ordinary life, Love gives us a Fairytale.

Monday, July 5, 2010

West Fest, BBQ, and Fireworks!

To start off our 4th of July week, we started by going to support Connie at Westfest. She is in charge of booths so we looked at what there was and then we got free rides. We had a lot of fun. Cayman got to sit in a fire truck! She was quite happy!
We got the kids glitter tattoos and here is Cohen, Cooper and Cayman showing them off.
Cayman and Cory rode the roller coaster first thing and had a blast!Here they are on a fun house bridge.
Cooper even got to ride some rides to that day! Here is the whole crew on the tilt-a-whirl. Candice, Cohen, Cayman Cory and Cooper! Whee!!

Here are the flying ducks and Cooper loved this one.


Here they are on the Pirate ship.
I can't even do rides because I just get so sick! They had fun and rode lots of rides together. Its a good thing Dallas and Candice came because I am a party pooper. Dallas rode a couple rides with Cory that I would never had rode. This huge slide, and this one that went completely upside down. I got sick just watching it. I did ride on the Carousel with the kids but that was even too much. Lame, I know!Cayman had fun with her ride buddy Cohen. Here are some pics of them.



Cooper just hanging out after much fun in the sun!
At the end, Cayman and Cohen found an empty stage with music playing and they both busted out the moves. It was hilarious. Cayman was booty shaking and Cohen was break dancing! They are quite the entertainers.
The next day we called the Cottrell Clan and went up to Mueller park and roasted hotdogs and had smore's.


We let the kids play in the little stream we were by and I swear by the looks of Cayman you would have thought we went camping for a week.


I promise she doesn't look this way all the time! She fell in the stream and I only had Coopers 18month top and this pair of pink leggings. She proudly put them on and played the rest of the evening. Funny that she can wear Coopers clothes in a bind. Skinny little thing! We had fun exploring and watching the kids play. Here is Cayman with Kenz.
Here is our little Cottrell Family! That was fun and we like going up to Mueller Park. We will for sure do it again!

The last 2 weeks Cayman has been taking swimming lessons at the Rec Center. She graduated on July 2 from Level 2 to Level 3. On the first day of class she was in Level 1 but after half the class, they asked if they could mover her up because she was such a good swimmer! Cayman loves to swim and I am very proud that she does a great job! Here are some pics of her swim lessons.



a
My birthday was that weekend and Alli and Paul said they would watch the kids so Cory and I could go out to eat. I chose Pei Wei because it is my favorite! I love it! I got a new mountain bike and a flip video camera. I also got to order2 blog books from my blogging! I was so excited for my gifts! Thanks Cory for being so thoughtful! Here is me on my bike. I don't look very good so don't mind the picture, look at the bike! Here is a pic of Me and Cayman with our hair and face done. She is such a girl!
After dinner we had icecream cake from Dairy Queen and that ended my birthday! It was great!

The next day was July 3rd and we always go to Eaglewood golf course and watch the fireworks. I decided to try and make homemade suckers to take and Cayman helped. We did a great job and they turned out so yummy!
Here we are up at Eaglewood.



We were lucky enough this year to have Alli and Paul join us and our neighbors J.j. and Alisa and their little girl Nyla. We had lots of fun eating sweets and visiting. Cayman had fun making new friends and showing off her glow in the dark bracelets and necklace. It must not have been enough because Uncle Paul went and bought her a light up saber sword that she ended up playing with a little 10 year old boy. It glowed green and the boys was red and they were just play fighting and then he was down on the ground and Cayman had her sword on his heart and she had won! We cheered and Cayman was happy to win. Cooper loved to be outside and loves to play with balls. He loved trying to eat some licorice. He is so naughty at getting into food. He wants to eat what we eat so bad. I usually let him have a little bit.
He even stayed awake and watched the fireworks.We had a great night. The next day was the 4th of July and we decided to take the kids to Liberty park. We had a picnic and then let them play in the park.
We also decided to let them ride the few rides they have there. Cooper loved the Carousel so much! Cayman was able to ride the plane, drive the car and go in the Ferris wheel. Here are some pictures.
+




That night when we got home we did a few fireworks with friends and family. It was fun to just relax and watch the fireworks go! I did not get any good pictures of the fireworks. Just faces!




We had a full holiday weekend and we are glad we were able to share it with you! This next picture is of me with my new haircut and color! I love it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Always love the updates. Especially the the full Cottrell gang picture. I downloaded it at work. Good job!!